Saturday 2 June 2018

Salaam Worthy Friends! Wishing a Magical Final Day to Aladdin's 2nd Year London Cast

Matthew Croke and Jade Ewen as Aladdin and Jasmine with the London Cast of Aladdin

Has it really been a year already?

Here's wishing a magical final day in Agrabah to Don Gallagher (Jafar), Nick Cavaliere (Iago), Miles Barrow (Omar), Chanelle Jasmine Anthony, Cindy Belliot, Albey Brookes, Lauren Chia, Filippo Coffano, Kade Ferraiolo, Sinead Kenny, Sadie-Jean Shirley, Katie Singh and Monica Swayne!

I've been lucky enough to see Aladdin's second year West End cast twice and I wish it had been a lot more.  This cast has been a joy to watch.  Matthew Croke is a fantastic Aladdin and I'm so happy that he'll be continuing in the role for another year. Trevor Dion Nicholas continues to prove that he's a super star and the West End is lucky to have him.  I've loved the pairing of Don Gallagher and Nick Cavaliere as Jafar and Iago, I've loved Jade Ewen's Jasmine and Irvine Iqbal's Sultan, who both just keep getting better. The trio of Leon Craig, Miles Barrow and Daniel de Bourg had a tough act to follow as Babkak, Omar and Kassim but they more than rose to the challenge. And this show would be nothing without it's incredible ensemble. I can't say this enough, the ensemble make this show. Aladdin is just a joy to watch.

And I just want to give a special shout out to the standbys, understudies and covers! I was lucky enough to see Monica Swayne in one of her final Jasmine performances, Oliver Lidert as Babkak and (finally!!) Leon Craig as Genie! They were all incredible. I loved the lead trio of Matt, Monica and Leon when I saw the show the other week, the chemistry between them was fantastic and the friendship of Matt and Leon really shone through. I don't want Trev to go anywhere but if Aladdin does a UK Tour then Leon is their Genie! Yeah, I'm greedy, America has two productions with amazing Genies and I want the UK to have that too!

Make some magic today everyone, and thanks for all the high adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment