Thursday 14 June 2018

Genie Swap!



Trevor Dion Nicholas' lamp is all packed and ready to head back home to Pittsburgh this summer!

For a limited time only, the West End's original Genie is trading places with the US Tour's incredible Michael James Scott so that he can bring this iconic character to life in his home town.

Speaking about the move Trevor said, "My time here in the West End has been absolutely incredible so far, and I am beyond proud to call London my new home. Still, being presented with the chance to perform this phenomenal show as Genie in Pittsburg is something I cannot pass up.  In a city so close to where I grew up, having an audience full of family and friends, is another dream come true."

Michael James Scott, who's journey mirrors Trevor's from Broadway standby to leading an international production, is just as excited to be switching lamps! Saying "Playing this iconic role of Genie has taken me all over the world, something I never even dreamed of. My 'Genie Brother' Trevor Dion Nicholas has raved about his time in London, so to be a part of this awesome Genie swap and return to play the West End again is an enormous Genie-sized gift. I just can't wait!"

I just love that Disney Theatrical gives its cast members opportunities like this, allowing them to switch between productions so they can play their home towns. It's an amazing gift, not just to the actors but to their friends and families as well.

The US Tour of Disney's Aladdin is currently playing in Philadelphia, with stops in Boston and Buffalo this summer. Trevor will join the tour for it's runs in Pittsburgh from August 22nd - September 9th, Atlanta from September 12th - 23rd and New Orleans from September 26th - October 7th!

Michael James Scott is joining the West End production of Aladdin from August 17th - September 30th.

And here's the announcement from the Genie himself!

US audiences are in for an incredible treat when this home town superstar hits the stage of the Benedum Center later this year!  And I can't wait to finally see Michael James Scott as Genie!  He was sensational as Babkak when I saw him in the original Broadway production and I missed him in LA earlier this year, so I'm really excited to see what he brings to the role!

No comments:

Post a Comment