Wednesday 3 October 2018

Telly Leung to Take Final Bow as Broadway's Aladdin

Telly Leung and Major Attaway as Aladdin and Genie with the cast of Broadway's Aladdin, Photo by Matthew Murphy

Today Telly Leung announced that he will be taking his final bow as Broadway's Aladdin next year after almost two years as Disney's favourite Diamond in the Rough. Taking to social media, Telly wrote;

Well, it's time. Time to depart Agrabah. My last day as a street rat on Broadway will be on Sunday, February 17, 2019 - so if you haven't seen it, get your tickets now! I'm filled with nothing but gratitude for the experience. Not only was it a dream-come-true to lead a Broadway musical as a Disney prince, but it was also a chance to meet some of the most talented artists and kindest humans ever assembled under one theatrical roof. There is something magical happening at The New Am (on and off stage) and I am forever thankful for the chance to be a part of the Aladdin - The Musical family. Thanks to everyone who supported me on this incredible carpet ride. The countdown begins - and I intend to go out savoring every joyful minute of this experience. #agrahbye #teladdin

Broadway's Aladdin is currently booking through to March 2019 so you can get tickets for the remainder of Telly's run right now at the show's official website. There's even great seats left for his final shows so make sure you get your tickets sooner rather than later!

It's unusual for a cast change at Aladdin to be announced this far in advance, so if you haven't seen Telly in the role, make sure you take this chance!

Personally, I'm sad that I likely won't get the chance to see Telly before he finishes his run. I know he's been an incredible Aladdin and I wish I could have seen that in person.

Telly, I just want to wish you a magical remainder of your run and thank you for all that you have brought to the character. Keep making magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment