Wednesday 10 October 2018

Come on down, Come on in, Let the Magic Begin!


They say a picture is worth 1,000 words but I think this one is worth 1,001!

Seriously, that poster is gorgeous. I'd say all it's missing is the Aladdin logo but I'm not even sure it needs that. It's like a perfect marriage between the original teaser poster for the animated movie and the colour scheme of the Broadway show. I definitely need one of these to hang on my wall!

Will Smith first shared the poster on Instagram a few hours ago;



Then, when you think it couldn't get any better, Disney Studios took to Twitter to share the poster and revealed that we're GETTING THE TEASER TRAILER TOMORROW!!!



Ok, a "first look", but come on, it has to be the trailer.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up and failing spectacularly. I know it'll probably just be a teaser trailer that sets the mood but reveals very little, like Beauty and the Beast did with it's first trailer. After all, it's called a teaser for a reason.

I just can't wait to see how Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Will Smith, and all the others look in costume. And I can't wait to hear how they sound when they sing (not that I expect to get that in tomorrow's teaser but a guy can wish, right?).

I've made no secret of the fact that I really like this cast and I'm excited to see Disney and Guy Ritchie doing something new rather than a direct adaptation. They've all spent the last year or so making magic. Tomorrow we get our first look at the results. Here's hoping they take us to a whole new world.

And one last thing! I love looking at IMDB and seeing some familiar names from London's Aladdin in the cast! That is just so cool and makes me even more excited for this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment