Monday 2 April 2018

End of an Era! Adam Jacobs Says Salaam to Aladdin!

Adam Jacobs as Aladdin on Broadway's Opening Night, Photo by Walter McBride/Broadway World

So this is it.  After an incredible seven year run from Seattle to Broadway and beyond, Adam Jacobs bid farewell to Aladdin on Saturday as he and the cast brought their incredible run at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre to a close.

Adam has been with the show from the very beginning.  In fact, if you count the 2010 workshops then his seven year run becomes an eight year epic adventure as he saw both this character and this show from concept to stage.  This magical show simply wouldn't be the same without him.  It's a journey he shared with his Jasmine, Courtney Reed, who was also part of those early workshops, so it was only fitting that the original Aladdin and Jasmine were reunited on stage last month as Courtney finished her own Agrabah adventures.

After all the wishes that Adam has made come true with this show, it was only fitting that Adam was presented with his very own magic lamp as the cast and crew gathered to sing him happy trails after his final bow as Disney's heroic street rat.

I was blessed to be in the audience for Adam's final Broadway performance last year.  I honestly thought that would be the last time I saw him as Aladdin.  I will be forever grateful that fate intervened and I got to see him again last month.  I know I have said this before, but it truly has been a privilege and a joy to see Adam grow in this role over the last 4 years, and Adam I am so grateful for all your support over the years, it's appreciated more than I can say.

Adam, I wish you all the very best for your future, whatever lies in store, but for now I wish you "a well earned rest", you've earned it!  I hope our paths will cross again.  Whatever happens, you will always be a prince to me.


1 comment: