Saturday 9 July 2011

So it Goes Short and Sweet

Alan Menken tweeted today that the "Wedding Suite" is being replaced and "Finale Ultimo" is being trimmed.  He also said that the second night was even better than the first!

I'm curious as to what's replacing the "Wedding Suite" - "Prince Ali, Reprise", "Humiliate the Boy"?  Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow morning (well technically today for me!)

Not too surprised to hear that "Finale Ultimo" is being altered.  The Little Mermaid's finale went through a lot of changes as well before the final version.  I hope they don't cut too much though, I still think the very first version of The Little Mermaid's finale had the most beautiful lyrics (but I can see the staging reasons for the changes).

Adam Jacobs as Aladdin, Photo by Mark Kitaoka
And Hunk du Jour has posted a great new interview with Adam Jacobs that offers a fantastic insight into Adam and his work.  Make sure you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment