Sunday 11 January 2015

New Year's News


Happy New Year everyone!  And for Aladdin a new year means a new look at Broadway's New Amsterdam Theatre;


 
How awesome does it look with the lamp there?!  I can't wait to get back to NYC and give it a rub!
 
And speaking of awesome I hope you all checked out Adam Jacobs, Courtney Reed and James Monroe Iglehart reading out wishes in Times Square on New Years Eve!  If not then here's some quick screen shots for you;
 



 
An Arabian Genie in Gotham?
 
If you follow JMI on Twitter (and if not, why not?! It's @jamesmiglehart) you will probably have seen his tweet earlier this week;
 
"On the set of @Gotham....WHAT? #BatNerdHeaven!"
 
Now JMI was out of the show for a few days earlier this week and subsequent tweets referred to working "outside of the theatre" and how good the craft services are on film and TV sets.  I'm not the World's Greatest Detective so maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but it sounds to me like everyone's favourite Genie will be guest starring on Gotham later this season!!
 
 
Ok, I'll be back next weekend with a full news round up to catch up with everything that's been happening over the holidays but before I go there are two more things I need to mention!
 
Thanks to Broadway World you could win tickets to Scott Alan's sold out 54 Below debut concert which will feature James Monroe Iglehart and a host of Broadway stars!
 
And finally, tonight is Daisy Hobbs' solo concert debut!  I just want to wish her the very best of luck for tonight's performance and if you're in NYC then I believe there are a few tickets left here!


No comments:

Post a Comment