Wednesday 17 September 2014

I Dream of Genie Episode 5

James Monroe Iglehart as Genie, Photo by Cylla Von Tiedemann

After a week hiatus the fifth episode of James Monroe Iglehart's blog I Dream of Genie hit Broadway.com last week!

In this episode James takes us back stage at Seth Rudetsky's Not Since High School benefit concert (which JMI featured in) as he meets the press, performs and then hangs out with the other "Broadway nerds".  And, of course, answers more fan questions in another edition of "Ask a Genie" with backing music once again provided by Jaz Sealey.


On a personal note, I'm very sorry for how late I am in posting this and for the lack of updates recently.  For the last 3 weeks I've been involved with an amateur production of Oliver so between working 9-5 and rehearsals I've let the blog slip much more than I intended.  Things will get back to a more normal schedule this weekend.

I was actually reflecting a little back stage last night as I realised that this Tuesday marked the 1 year anniversary of Aladdin's Broadway cast announcement.  I remember that it had been rumoured to be coming that day and phone signal is terrible back stage at the venue Jane and I do amateur productions with, so I was running outside at every opportunity to get signal to see if the announcement had been posted.  When it finally did hit, and confirmed that the majority of the Seattle principals were to return, I was overjoyed!  I spent the next half hour going in and out between scenes so I could tweet congratulations to the cast and then getting their replies when I got home.  It was a magical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment